One issue facing many companies today is that their markets are spread across the world. Nowhere is that more apparent than in Europe that has a number of countries and cultures, each with its own specific language.
This can make analysis of social media difficult, since translation tools are required for every market that you want to monitor. For the majority of today’s analysis tools, this is a problem since rules need to be created for each country and language. This is an expensive and time consuming task. This means that although for the English language there are a plethora of tools out there, the same is not true for every other language, and for some languages there are no tools at all.
This highlights another difference with Brand Aura’s technology. Since our tools are not based on NLP, and don’t require rules to be created for each separate language, it is a much simpler task to translate the result into another language, and one that you can understand and make sense of.
In fact our online demo shows exactly that. You can see this for yourself, and become a truly language independent social media analysis guru by following the steps outlined below:
- Open the weblink http://brand-aura.com/wordcloud in a separate browser
- Click on link ‘Tweets on financial topics’
- Either type in ‘tsb’ and press ‘Go’ or click on the tsb word link in keywords list
- Notice that the wordcloud shows what seems to be gobbledegook. Certainly the words surrounding ‘tsb’ in context do not appear to be English. To translate the wordcloud into English, scroll to the bottom of the page, and use the ‘Select Language’ drop down to translate the wordcloud into English so that you can understand it. Note that if you want to translate to a language other than English that you can also do the same by choosing the language you want to translate to.
- You should now have a wordcloud that is partially translated – many words that were written in what was actually Indonesian are now translated to English. You can see the original word by hovering your mouse over any word. For example, the translation shows that the words ‘meeting’, ‘account’, and ‘committee’ were all translated from Indonesian. You can click on any of these words to make this word now the centre of your analysis, to investigate further what is being said by the Indonesian community. Notice that this will analyse the underlying Indonesian word and not the translated English word, which would obviously affect the analysis. The subsequent wordcloud should automatically be translated, but if not simply use the dropdown at the foot of the page to translate to English again.
The above steps show how someone can analyse social media in any language that they want. In fact it also shows how someone with no English could translate the English social media analysis into the language of their choice!
This is a truly powerful tool and is an extremely cost effective way of monitoring multiple markets in multiple languages using our discover tool.
Contact Steve Bone for more information and to discuss the package that best suits your needs.